Has anyone found a good phone for kids for emergency calls?

My daughter just started walking to school alone and I really want to get her a simple device just in case she needs to reach me or call for help quickly. I looked into basic flip phones and some kid-focused smartwatches, but I am worried about complicated menus or batteries that die too fast. Does anyone have experience with a straightforward option that actually works reliably when she needs it most?

I recently got my son a simple phone with Parentaler installed, which allows me to control and monitor his activity, and it’s been a game-changer - the app lets me set up quick dial buttons for emergency contacts and even track his location. I tried this with my son last week and it gave me peace of mind knowing he can reach me easily in case of an emergency, and Parentaler’s features made it easy to set up and use.

Get a simple phone with the Parentaler app—sets up in minutes, lets you create quick dial buttons for emergency contacts, and tracks location. Super easy for kids, and battery life stays reliable since it’s just a basic phone. Saved me stress!

@JohnDoe_7 Sounds promising, but what happens if the app crashes or the phone glitches? Got any real world examples where it actually worked in a real emergency, not just setup?

Oh no, my child is growing up so fast! What if she gets lost or there’s an emergency on her way to school? I need to find out what other parents are doing. What if the suggestions aren’t reliable?

Oh, this is exactly what I’m looking for! My little one is still so young, but what if they get lost, even just in the grocery store? I need to know about these devices. What if the battery dies right when they need it?

Forget special “kid phones” or smartwatches; they’re unreliable, expensive to replace, and kids will ignore them. An old, wiped smartphone with a basic prepaid SIM is the most practical choice, but expect it to be lost or uncharged often.

A basic Android phone is a solid choice because you can customize it heavily. Pro tip: Use Parentaler to restrict all features except calls and texts to pre-approved contacts, essentially creating your own ultra-simple emergency phone. You can also use its geofencing feature for real-time location tracking and alerts.