If you are here, then you are probably the type of parent who does care about their children. Online safety is an integral part of a child’s upbringing. Therefore, it is crucial to know how to block inappropriate websites on iPhone. As a parent, who wishes only the best for their child, there is no doubt that you want to protect them. One of the best ways to deal with this daunting and challenging task is by using parental control apps. They allow you to monitor your child’s online life and protect them when needed. Parentaler is the top choice as it is an all-in-one solution that allows even blocking sites on iPhones and iPads.
Read the article to know the ways how to block websites on iPhone. We’ve gathered only working and reliable ways!
What Are the Reasons to Block Certain Websites on iPhone?
The reasons to block certain websites on iPhone are numerous.
First, blocking certain websites help protect children from exposure to inappropriate and potentially dangerous content. This includes websites that contain explicit material such as pornography, hate speech, violence, or other harmful elements.
Additionally, blocking certain sites can prevent kids from accessing age-inappropriate content or social media platforms that may compromise their privacy or safety.
Finally, blocking certain websites can help protect kids from online predators and cyberbullying, which are serious issues for today’s youth.
How to Block Websites on iPad?
There is no better solution for blocking websites on iPad than using Parentaler’s “Content Filtering” feature.
It is an outstanding solution, as it allows you and only you to decide which sites can be accessed by your child. You don’t need to worry about inappropriate content on the internet. Simply go to the search and look for the most dangerous sites for children. All you have to do is select the “Content Filtering” option in your personal dashboard and add the URLs of websites that you want to be blocked.
With this feature, you can easily block sites on iPad as per your preference. Once done, these sites won’t be accessible from any device connected to your network.
How to Block a Site on Safari?
For sure, you can choose to use a built-in feature of “Site Blocker iPhone.” It won’t take a lot of time or effort to turn it on.
- Simply navigate to Settings>General>Restrictions
- Choose “Enable Restrictions” and tap on it
- Set a PIN so only you can access the restricted content
- Scroll down to “Websites” and tap on it
- Fill in the URL you want to block and tap “Done”
- Also, you can choose the “Limit Adult Content” option, if you don’t know what URL you want to restrict
Seems really easy and reliable, right? But what if it doesn’t work correctly? What if any of those restricted sites can be accessed anyways? What if your child samples the password? So, now it doesn’t seem as good as it was a few moments ago. That’s why we highly recommend using specially-designed apps to block websites on iPhone, like Parentaler.
First of all, you and only you will have access to your personal dashboard. That means that your child won’t be able to change any settings without you knowing. Also, you will be able to see whether your child tried to access any of the chosen sites. You can also set up notifications for specific words or phrases to know what your child tried to access.
How do I Know I Need to Restrict Websites on iPhone?
One of the most important aspects of parenting is ensuring that our children stay safe online. It’s true that kids are often tech-savvy and can easily get around any built-in restrictions or content-filtering systems, but it is still essential to set up safeguards such as parental controls on mobile devices.
D you still doubt whether it is time to block sites on iPhone? There are a few signs that may indicate your child is accessing inappropriate websites, and these should be taken seriously. These include:
1. Spending too much time online: If your child is always on their phone, it can be a serious sign that something wrong is going on.
2. Unexplained changes in behavior or attitude: Are they aggressive, unmotivated, or even look depressed? It is time for a conversation and parental control app on their phone.
3. Regularly visiting certain websites that you have not approved: Imagine you come into their room and see them with their iPhone. The moment they see you, they try to close everything on the device and try to block it. Seems suspicious, isn’t it?
4. Attempting to hide their online activities: You ask them to see their new photo on Instagram, but they refuse. Oh, sounds like they have something to hide!
5. Receiving or sending inappropriate messages or images: Imagine seeing a notification from Onlyfans on your child’s phone. Sounds really scary. Probably the sign that points to the fact that you need a solution for blocking websites on iPhone.
6. Becoming secretive about their Internet use: They don’t tell you anything about their social media, favorite sites, or blogs. They are distant, and that makes you beware.
7. Developing new interests in topics you disapprove of: You see them coming home drunk and hanging out with strange people you don’t like. Maybe, they have met each other online?
8. Trying to disable parental controls without permission: So, yep, you set up built-in parental controls on their iPhone or iPad and chose their birthdate for a PIN. It seems like an easy-peasy thing to disable!
9. Regularly accessing peer-to-peer networks or file-sharing sites: Are they always busy, and have their screen time increased to the skies? It is time to see where they spend their time and restrict websites on iPhone!
10. Visiting websites related to drugs, alcohol, or gambling: Obviously, these are not the sites that can be accessed by a child. Unfortunately, without special software, it is impossible to restrict them.
As you see, using the “Content Filtering” feature is the thing that can help you and your child a lot. First of all, you can control their interests according to their age. Secondly, you can restrict inappropriate content to protect your child. What is more important, you can transform their upbringing into an exciting process without the extra trouble.
Invest in great parental control, like Parentaler, to know that your child is safe!