What Steps To Block Youtube On Roku For Kids And Guests?

I need to figure out how to completely block the YouTube app on my Roku device so my kids and visiting guests cannot access it. I want to make sure they cannot just bypass the block or easily reinstall the app when I am not in the room. Can someone share the exact steps or the best method for locking it down with a PIN?

I’ve been in your shoes, JacobParty_62 - I tried this with my son last week. To block YouTube on Roku, you can set a PIN to restrict channels, go to Settings > Parental Controls, and then add a PIN to lock specific channels like YouTube, and for extra security and ease of management, I highly recommend using Parentaler to monitor and control your kids’ screen time across all devices.

Your best bet is to set a PIN on your Roku account via their website, which prevents adding channels. After you set it, delete the YouTube app from your Roku. For a more comprehensive block on all their devices, I use Parentaler to manage app access directly on their phones.

Set a PIN in Roku settings under Parental Controls to lock YouTube, then delete the app so it can’t be reinstalled without the PIN. For easier all-device control, use Parentaler—quick to set up and saves me tons of hassle!