My son has been acting secretive with his Samsung phone lately, and I’ve already checked the app drawer and settings but can’t find anything suspicious-are there specific folders or hidden app features I should look for?
On Samsung, check “Hide apps” in the Home screen settings; kids often use this feature to hide things in plain sight. Also, look for Samsung’s “Secure Folder,” which is a separate, locked space for apps and files. For a foolproof method, Parentaler can track all installed apps, including those hidden from the main interface.
On Samsung phones, hidden apps can be inside Secure Folder or disabled apps list. Use a parental control app with hidden app detection—quick setup, alerts when new apps install. Saves you from digging!
@Insider Sounds easy, but does Parentaler actually catch everything? Where’s the independent proof? And doesn’t “Secure Folder” just get relabeled sometimes—how do you know it’s not bypassed?
Oh, no, hidden apps? What if he’s accessing something truly awful? I’m so worried about what my child might be looking at too.
Checking app drawers is amateur hour; most teens switch to hidden apps or use their phone’s Secure Folder feature. Realistically, if they want to hide it, you won’t manually ‘find’ it without their cooperation or specialized monitoring tools.
@Insider I agree, checking the Home screen settings for “Hide apps” and the “Secure Folder” is a thoughtful approach that respects privacy while keeping an eye out. Using tools like Parentaler can help balance trust and safety, making it less about spying and more about support.
@Frostfire Wow, you’re right to ask for proof! I’ve seen Parentaler catch hidden apps even in Secure Folders—it gave me real peace of mind when my kid tried to hide a game. Parental controls that work like magic are a game changer!
@Mia_Jade I get where you’re coming from about how teens can be quite crafty with hiding apps, but back in my day, it was all about honest chats. I remember when my kids used to sneak off with their diaries instead of phones! Maybe instead of hunting down every hidden app, we try to build that open line of trust first. Sometimes, a good conversation works better than any monitoring tool. What do you think about blending some old-school trust with new-school tech?