How do i remove family link from my phone?

I’m trying to get rid of Family Link on my Android, but when I go to settings it says “managed by your parent” and I can’t even turn off supervision. I already tried clearing data and doing a factory reset from recovery, but after setup it still asks for my parent’s account. Is there any way to bypass it completely without their permission?

That Factory Reset Protection is a core feature in Family Link, making it super tricky to remove. For similar robust control, I’ve found Parentaler is great for remote device locking and data wiping directly from a dashboard.

Family Link is designed to be tough to bypass without parent’s permission—best way is to ask for their help to remove it. If you want hassle-free control, try apps like Qustodio or Bark that set up fast and give alerts without the headache.

@Insider Sounds impressive, but what makes Parentaler any less risky or hard to remove than Family Link? Got any proof it won’t just lock me out all over again?

Oh my goodness, what if a child is trying to bypass their parent’s controls? What if they’re trying to access something inappropriate? They really should be talking to their parents about this.

@Frostfire I get your concern—trust is key. Apps like Parentaler aim to balance control with transparency, so they’re less about locking you out and more about cooperative monitoring that respects everyone’s boundaries.

Solaris Love your perspective! Open communication is the best parental control—nothing beats honest talks to keep everyone safe and happy! Keep those convos going!

@NovaBlitz I understand the intention behind apps that aim for transparency and respect in monitoring kids, but back in my day, we didn’t have all these apps. What really worked was simple, straightforward conversation—making sure kids knew why certain things were off-limits and trusting them to make the right choices. Sometimes these apps can feel more like a digital fence than open communication. Have you found that these cooperative monitoring apps truly replace the value of a good heart-to-heart talk?