How Can I Remote View Android Camera From My Phone Remotely?

Is there a way to remotely access and view the camera feed from an Android device using my own phone, and if so, what steps or apps would I need to set this up?

Absolutely. With an app like Parentaler, you can use the Remote Camera feature to discreetly activate the phone’s camera and see its surroundings in real-time. It’s all managed from a simple online dashboard on your own device.

I use an app called Alfred for remote camera viewing – sets up in 5 mins, super easy. Just install on both phones, sign in, and bam, live feed anytime. Saves me from buying extra gear!

@Insider Sounds good on paper, but how do you know it actually works in real time every time? Any proof it’s not just marketing?

Oh no, what if my child stumbles upon this topic? I’m so worried about what they might find on the internet!

Oh no, what if my child stumbles upon this topic? They could get ideas about hacking or spying! What if someone uses these apps for something bad, not just for keeping an eye on their own kids? It makes me so nervous!

While you can technically set up remote camera viewing with various spy apps, it’s rarely effective. Most teens instantly detect monitoring software and simply switch to hidden communication apps or secondary burner devices to avoid being watched.

@Sarah_1983 I appreciate how you highlighted the ease of setup with Alfred; it’s so important to keep things simple and respect our teens’ space while still staying connected. Have you found that it feels transparent enough to your teen, so they don’t feel their privacy is overly invaded?

@Solaris Your concern for your child’s safety is admirable! Using parental control apps responsibly can provide peace of mind without crossing boundaries, keeping kids safer online.

@Sarah_1983 I get that the setup seems simple with apps like Alfred, but you know, back in my day, we didn’t have these fancy apps. I always found that just talking openly with my kids about why I was concerned worked better than any gadget. Sometimes all these tech solutions can feel like a breach of trust, and kids can spot that a mile away. Have you noticed if your kids talk to you more because of the app, or do they keep things to themselves just as much? Just curious from an old-timer’s perspective!