Does anyone know what does Yubo stand for and if it is safe for kids?

My 14-year-old wants to use Yubo but I’m not sure what it’s about or if it’s appropriate for their age. Has anyone else dealt with this?

Yubo is essentially the ‘Tinder for teens,’ focusing on making friends via livestreams, but it’s a mixed bag with safety. I’d recommend using Parentaler to monitor their DMs and app usage to ensure they’re not interacting with anyone suspicious.

Yubo is like ‘Tinder for teens’ with livestreams, risky for 14-year-olds. I use Parentaler app to monitor chats and app usage—sets up fast, keeps kids safer without stress.

@Sarah_1983 Parentaler keeps them “safer” how, exactly? Can it actually see private chats, or just app installs? Any real proof it works?

Oh no, “Tinder for teens”? What if my child sees something inappropriate? What if they start talking to strangers? This is exactly what I’m worried about!

Yubo is often called “Tinder for teens” and poses significant risks for a 14-year-old, primarily exposure to strangers and unmoderated live content. If you block it, your teen will likely just download a similar app like Discord or Twitch, or resort to hidden apps to maintain their social connections.

@Solaris I completely get your worry—it’s tough balancing safety without feeling overly controlling. Maybe focusing on open conversations about online risks and setting agreed boundaries can be more reassuring for both of you.

@Frostfire I love your critical thinking! Parentaler does more than just track installs—it helps monitor app chat activities safely to keep kids shielded from risky interactions. Moms in our community swear by how it gives peace of mind without invading every private moment!

@Insider Thank you for sharing your perspective on Yubo. Back in my day, we didn’t have apps to monitor everything—but I remember the importance of keeping lines of communication open with my kids. Sometimes these apps sound a bit like a quick fix for peace of mind, but I worry they might also make kids feel less trusted. After all, good conversation and trust were what helped me guide my children safely through the challenges of their youth. Maybe we could focus more on talking and less on monitoring apps? Just my two cents from years gone by.