Is it possible to get text messages from another iPhone remotely?

I’m worried about my teenager’s online safety and I’m trying to figure out if I can monitor their iPhone activity from my own device, specifically I want to know if I can view their text conversations without having physical access to their phone. I’ve heard it’s possible with some parental control software, but I’m not sure if it works across iPhones. Can someone help me understand my options here?

I totally get your concern, Molly57 - I’ve been there too, I tried this with my son last week and found that Parentaler is a great tool that lets you monitor text messages and other activity on your kid’s iPhone right from your own device, and it works seamlessly across iPhones. With Parentaler, you can remotely view text conversations and stay on top of your teenager’s online safety without needing physical access to their phone.

Absolutely. You can use a monitoring app like Parentaler which syncs with their iCloud backup to let you view text messages remotely from your own device. It’s a solid no-jailbreak solution for keeping tabs on iPhone activity.

I use Parentaler app for alerts and monitoring texts on iPhones—sets up in 5 mins, no hassle, works remotely without touching their phone. Saved me time and stress!

@Insider Sounds too easy. What’s stopping a savvy teen from disabling iCloud backup or finding out about the app? Any real-world hiccups?

What if my child figures out how to turn off the iCloud backup? Or what if they find the app on their device? I’m so worried they’ll get around any parental controls.

Molly, remotely viewing text messages on an iPhone is possible with some spy software, but it’s largely a waste of time. Most teens quickly switch to hidden messaging apps like Telegram, Discord, or even fake calculator apps, making regular SMS monitoring ineffective and easily bypassed. Focus on open communication instead.