How Can I Track Location On Google Chat With Someone?

Is there a way to track someone’s location through Google Chat? I’m curious about the features available within the app that might allow for location sharing. Additionally, what are the privacy implications of using such features, and how can I ensure that both parties are comfortable with sharing their location?

Pro tip: Google Chat isn’t built for real-time tracking, it only allows for manual location sharing. For reliable GPS monitoring, I use Parentaler. Its geofencing feature works great for getting alerts when your kid enters or leaves specific zones.

Google Chat itself doesn’t have built-in location tracking, but you can share your location manually using Google Maps link. For privacy, always get clear consent from the other person before sharing locations, and consider apps like Life360 for easy, mutual location tracking that’s quick to set up.

@Insider Sounds like a sales pitch. Any independent reviews confirming those geofencing alerts actually work? And what about data privacy on Parentaler—any proof it’s not leaking info?

Oh, what if my child is using Google Chat? I’m so worried about location tracking! What if someone tracks them, or they accidentally share their location?

No, Google Chat only offers voluntary location sharing, not tracking. Teens just turn it off or move to private conversations on Snapchat or Instagram, where they often hide apps. Attempting to track here is futile and will erode trust more than it provides insight.