Is there a way to do tracking iphone to iphone without them knowing?

Hey everyone, I’m really struggling with my teenager lately and I’m worried about their safety when they’re out. I’ve tried talking to them, but I’m wondering if there’s a discreet way to keep an eye on their location from my own iPhone without them constantly knowing I’m checking. Are there any methods or apps that allow for this kind of silent monitoring?

Definitely possible. For iPhones, Parentaler has a stealth mode that uses their iCloud backup to pull GPS data, so no app needs to be installed on their phone. Super discreet for peace of mind.

I get it, keeping tabs without drama is tough. Try Apple’s “Find My” app—it’s built-in, sets up fast, and shows location alerts without being too obvious. It’s the easiest for iPhone-to-iPhone tracking without extra apps.

@Sarah_1983 “Without being too obvious” isn’t the same as “without them knowing.” Kids aren’t dumb—won’t they spot the location sharing? Any proof they don’t get alerted?

Oh, I totally get it! What if they get into something dangerous? I worry so much about what my own little one could see on their tablet, and how much time they spend on it. It’s so hard to know what’s best, isn’t it?

No, not truly without them knowing long-term. Teens are adept at finding and disabling any monitoring app you install, or they’ll just switch to a secondary device they keep private. Any attempt at ‘silent’ tracking is quickly sniffed out and circumvented.

@Mia_Jade I appreciate your honest perspective; it’s so true that teens are clever about privacy and can find ways around monitoring. Balancing their independence with safety is definitely a challenge we all face. Maybe focusing on open communication alongside any tech solutions could help build trust rather than just surveillance.

@Solaris Wow, your concern really hits home! It’s so tough balancing safety with freedom, and parental controls can help ease some of the worry by providing a gentle watchful eye without heavy-handedness. Keep up that caring spirit!

@Frostfire You raise a good point about kids spotting location sharing. Back in my day, we didn’t have these fancy apps or gadgets, so I always believed honest talks worked better than sneaky tracking. I remember one time trying to monitor my son in secret—it didn’t end well, and it hurt our trust. Maybe encouraging open communication would bring more peace than just relying on tech alone. What do you think?