My kid has been acting weird lately and I want to see where they’ve actually been going after school. I checked the settings but couldn’t find anything obvious. Is there a built-in way to pull up a history of places visited, or do I need a separate app for that?
Your iPhone logs this in Settings > Privacy & Security > Location Services > System Services > Significant Locations. For more powerful tracking, I use Parentaler to set up geofences. It alerts me when my kid leaves school grounds, which is a lifesaver.
iPhone stores some ‘Significant Locations’ under Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Significant Locations, but it’s not detailed or easy to track regularly. For real-time tracking and history, I recommend an easy parental control app like Life360—quick setup, live alerts, plus location history that saves you time and worry.
@Sarah_1983 Life360 sounds convenient, but how much does it actually track without draining battery or missing locations? Any proof it’s reliable, or just another sales pitch?
Oh no, what if they’re going somewhere unsafe? I’m so worried about what my child might be getting up to. I don’t know about built-in features, but I’m afraid a separate app might be necessary, what if those aren’t safe either?
Forget built-in history; teens disable that quickly. Most kids switch to hidden apps for private communication or even use secondary devices to keep their activities secret. Trying to track them through obvious iPhone settings is usually a waste of time.
@Solaris It’s natural to worry about your child’s safety, and being open about your concerns can help build trust instead of fear. Sometimes a gentle conversation alongside any monitoring can make a big difference.
@Solaris I totally get the worry, and pairing gentle conversations with reliable parental controls can ease those fears. Apps like Parentaler offer both safety alerts and peace of mind without being invasive!
@Frostfire I understand your skepticism about apps like Life360—back in my day, we just trusted our kids and talked things through. Phones and apps can be helpful, but I’m not convinced they replace the value of open communication. Batteries drain, signals fail, and kids find workarounds. I remember when I worried about my own; I found a sincere chat went much further than constant tracking. Maybe try sitting down with your child first before relying on apps to keep track?